Monthly Archives: November 2012
Haikus are beautiful, aren’t they? I’m of the opinion that beautiful things are definitely worth trying.
Want to help? I think I’ll need some, and its much more fun doing it with others.
My basic understanding is that haikus depict a scene within three lines of 5-7-5 syllables, often including a seasonal reference. Hmmm, that sounds suspiciously simple… I guess I’ll find out soon!
OK, here goes.
discovers vast, silent seas.
Summer’s here, my dear.
Ouch, that’s trickier than I thought! I was right to be suspicious, it’s not that easy to fit all you want to say into 5-7-5 syllables!
So, how did my first attempt go? Suggestions, comments, reflections welcome.
How would you do it? I’d love to hear other people’s interpretations of the image above.
I wonder, do haikus ever stray from the 5-7-5 rule or is it quite strict? Is there more to a haiku than what I mentioned above?
Hey, guess what?!!
Dear Stephen King, has been nominated for the ‘Very Inspiring Blogger’ award. Wow, what a milestone! Thanks to The Jenny Mac Book Blog for my first blogging nomination, it is SO FREAKIN COOL!
I love these awards, they are a nice way to showcase other blogs and build up the blogging community, don’t you think?
OK, so there are some responsibilities that come with this nomination, let’s not forget.
Rules of Participation:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award’s requirements.
7 Things about myself:
1. I love to read, it’s my favourite thing.
2. My all time favourite TV show is M*A*S*H.
3. I tried really hard to fall in love with Jennifer Egan through her debut ‘The Invisible Circus’, but was sadly disappointed. Though I haven’t given up, I have ‘A Visit From the Goon Squad’ and I hope it will rock my world..
4. I work in Community Development and have co-created a local community project for mums, called Motherhood Unmasked.
5. My favourite colour is green, or red. Sometimes blue.
6. I’m currently reading Murakami’s ‘IQ84’; Virginia Woolf’s ‘Mrs Dalloway’ and ‘A Room of One’s Own’.
7. I have chickens and fruit trees – life is good 🙂
OK, my nominees for Very Inspiring Blogger are:
1. I AM A PALINDROME http://palindromeiam.wordpress.com/
2. Melbourne Pub Culture http://melbournepubculture.com/
3. Madam Inside Out http://madaminsideout.wordpress.com/
4. Poppy Fox http://www.poppyfoxathome.com/
5. Wanderlust http://morealtitude.wordpress.com/
6. Peas and Cougars http://peasandcougars.com/
7. The Rowdy Chowgirl http://rowdychowgirl.com/
8. Hovercraft Doggy http://hovercraftdoggy.com/
9. Bigwords http://www.bigwordsblog.com
10.101 Books http://101books.net/
11. Silver Poetry http://silverpoetry.wordpress.com/
12. Meet Me At Mikes http://meetmeatmikes.com/
13. Tough Little Birds http://toughlittlebirds.com/
14. The Librarian Who Doesn’t Say “Shhh” http://busyteacher.wordpress.com/
15. A Little Blog of Books and Other Stuff http://alittleblogofbooks.wordpress.com/
Thanks you guys for your creativity, energy and inspiration.